Q: car wont start after freezing weather. have been putting water in radiator and now radiator wont hold anymore.

car wont start after freezing weather. have been putting water in radiator and now radiator wont hold fluid anymore.

Hi there. Unfortunately, water is the enemy of a radiator and the coolant system; especially in freezing or below zero weather. Water will freeze inside the radiator, in coolant lines and inside the motor in most cases. As it does, it tends to crack plastic, rubber and metallic components. Coolant itself has multiple enzymes that decrease it’s freezing temperature; which is why coolant and distilled water is mixed at a 50/50 ratio. My best advice would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can determine what is causing your Accord’s problems.

3. car wont start after freezing weather. have been putting water in radiator and now radiator wont hold anymore.