Q: Not too happy with having a hybrid that stalls

I thought it was pretty weird when my 2007 Toyota Prius stalled out a few times randomly, as a car with two engines should not stall out very much, but I chalked it up to higher mileage. I am at 105,000 miles now and last night the car stalled at highway speed. It turned the power steering off and made the brakes hard to push. The lights all went out as well I could have been killed. I was alright, luckily, and the car started back up like nothing happened! Can I ever trust this car to not do that again? Next time I may be less lucky!

The problem to your intermittent stalling can be caused by the electrical water pump wiring shorting out the coil wires, causing the engine to stall and may or may not blow fuses. The repair is now covered under a recall to replace the electrical water pump. The recall number is 12V536000 dated 11/14/2012. Contact your dealer to complete the recall and any other recalls available for your vehicle. Once the recalls are done, I would recommend YourMechanic to inspect for stalling and perform any repairs that are not covered by the recalls.