Q: How do you use the automatic rearview mirror in a 2012 Ford Escape?

How do you use the automatic rearview mirror?

If your car is equipped with an automatic dimming rearview mirror, you have a convenient way to reduce the glare from cars behind you without having to do anything yourself. The mirror does it on its own.

The automatic rearview mirror senses the amount of light hitting the surface of the glass. If it’s beyond a certain point, it automatically dims, which reduces glare and makes driving safer. When the light level changes, it adjusts back to normal.

Tips

• The automatic mirror uses several sensors to detect light levels. Don’t hang anything from the rearview as it can block these sensors and cause the mirror not to operate.

• The rearview mirror does not dim when the transmission is in reverse.

3. How do you use the automatic rearview mirror in a 2012 Ford Escape?