Q: Especially when cold, I notice shifts in low gears on my transmission

In only the first few gears (shift between 10-15mhp, and a second one between 25-28mph) do I notice a transmission shift, and it only happens when up-shifting from a lower gear. It's not really "harsh", and it doesn't make my neck crack either. But it shifts harder than all the other gears. After the car warms up, it shifts a little better. I got my transmission fluid drained out and replaced a few months ago and it didn't really help much (he drained it via gravity, changed filter, etc, but didn't use a machine to pressure wash the fluid out). I recently sprayed down my mass airflow sensor and changed my filter (which was really bad) and that helped a little (especially gave me more power). I DO NOT have any codes or anything showing up, been tested mutiple times in parking lot at O'Reillys. Tried using multiple Bar's Leaks products and Lucas transmission products and nothing fixes it.

Hello. If servicing the fluid and filter did not help, then it may be possible that the transmission is worn. If any of the clutch packs that the transmission uses to shift wear out, they may slip and cause harsher shifting than normal. If the problem only occurs when the transmission is cold, then it may be possible that the clutch discs are worn, but can properly grip when the transmission and fluid reach operating temperature. I would recommend double checking the fluid for any signs of damage or wear, any unusual smells or color. If the fluid checks out. If you need help having this looked at, I would then move on to having the shifting issue diagnosed to see if the transmission may be faulty.

3. Especially when cold, I notice shifts in low gears on my transmission