Q: I'm looking at a 1995 jeep wrangler on craigslist and it says the engine is vibrating and leaking oil

I'm looking at a 95 wrangler on craigslist and it says the engine is vibrating and leaking oil. Is it a difficult and/or expensive fix?

Oil leaks can generally be addressed, although they do vary in terms of cost, depending on location. The causes of engine vibration are too varied to conclude anything without inspecting the vehicle. If the vibration is due to sticking valves or low compression in a cylinder, the engine has to be rebuilt. If the vibration is due to partially plugged fuel injectors or loose motor mounts, those are easy to fix. Used car repair, maintenance, and restoration costs are highly dependent on the actual, as found, condition of the vehicle, and so the only way to get a reasonably precise estimate of costs you might face, and also to protect yourself in the transaction, is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you the exact data that you need to make a fully informed, intelligent decision and minimize your risk in buying a used car. If you look at the just cited link for YourMechanic’s inspection service, you will see a long list of the vehicle systems that must be inspected as well as details of YourMechanic’s inspection methodology. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I'm looking at a 1995 jeep wrangler on craigslist and it says the engine is vibrating and leaking oil