Q: The ignition in my car won't turn everything is locked up would I be able to replace the tumbler from one at the scrap yard ?

My car ignition wont turn would I be able to pick up tumbler and key from a scrap yard and replace it if that would work in my car ?

A: Depending on whether or not your car is equ...

Depending on whether or not your car is equipped with a key that needs to be flashed with your car’s computer, this may or may not work. Many of the cars today come with a key that has a computer chip installed in the key which reads and identifies the car’s computer. This key is unique to your car as it is flashed with your car’s computer at the time the car is purchased new.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the problem with your key to see if there is a way to correct the ignition locking up. It is always recommended to maintain factory parts on your vehicle.