Q: VERY ROUGH IDLE STALLS WHEN PUT IN GEAR

Bought it from friend whom after having engine rebuilt; let it sit at his lake property for a little over a year before I got it. No dents in body, no cracks on interior, new engine, 4-wheel drive with new mudders. He just wanted it "gone" and basically giving it to me. Here is chronological order of problems and my actions. First attempt to drive - Got about a mile from property and it lost all power The CAT was clogged. Removed exhaust syster. Improved the power but still backfiring in engine compartment. Had new exhaust system welded. Then had a "crank no start" condition for quite a while. After doing all of the normal tests and troubleshooting; determined that there was a short/ground somewhere between ECM and injectors causing them to stay open. found bad wire on TPS..REPLACED IT. now very rough idle and it dies when put in gear. have changed, plugs(twice), wires, fuel pressure regulator, cap & rotor, drained old fuel and replaced fuel filter. Changed oil and filter,

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The idle speed of an engine is basically the rotational speed the engine runs on when it is un-coupled from the drive train and the throttle pedal is not being depressed. When an engine is running at idle speed it generates enough power to smoothly operate equipment such as the water pump, alternator, and power steering but not enough power to move the vehicle itself. This problem progressively gets worse if you have a vacuum leak, dirty or clogged fuel pump or other component is faulty. In order to resolve this problem, it’s best to contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete a car idle is rough inspection.