Q: swap a newer year engine Into my 2001 ford ranger 4x4 4.0l sohc

I want to swap a 2005 or newer ford ranger engine in. But I'm not completly sure if that is a hard swap? As to what would I need to change. Buy. I figured maybe wireing harness. I heard maybe the fuel rail. Just not sure what I'm getting myself into. Thanks in advance

Unfortunately Your Mechanic does not perform engine replacements or engine swaps. Since it’s not something we normally do, it would be difficult to provide you with the answer as to what may need to be modified or replaced in your vehicle. The best bet for this type of information might be an internet forum. Do some searching for a Ranger-specific forum or at least a Ford pick-up forum. There may be other people out there who have done what you’re looking to do and can share some information.