Q: Car is temp is rising past halfway mark while in traffic ...water pump and therm replaced also pressure test passed

My car temp is rising while I'm stuck in traffic...while I'm on the highway I'm fine...I do notice that I do not have any fans on while the car is in driving tempature....fan only comes on when car is way too hot already....I noticed also that when I press on the accelerator while in park the temp goes down...took it to the mechanics and they changed the thermostat and water pump...I was not getting any results so I went elsewhere and got the cooling temp sensor changed...no results either..my heat comes and goes depending how many bumps I hit...last mechanic pressure tested it and told me no loss of pressure anywhere...what can my issue be? I think fan problems..I keep experiencing small electrical power surges ... I .no head gasket symptoms either

Hello:

There are several reasons why the coolant temperature would increase while you’re stuck in traffic, in fact, it’s rather normal for this to occur. Typically the thermostat on the radiator is set to release and open the coolant to flow through the engine at a predetermined temperature. Once it returns to the radiator, the fan is supposed to come on at the same time to cool the heated coolant. If you’re having issues with the fan engaging, it may be due to a faulty cooling fan motor relay or the motor itself is damaged. The best way to know for sure is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection so they can inspect your vehicle to diagnose precisely why you’re having these issues.

• Car is temp is rising past halfway mark while in traffic ...water pump and therm replaced also pressure test passed