Q: I have a 2007 buick lacrosse my blower motor seized up and i replaced it but some thing else is wrong hvac fuse is good idk where

asked by on March 31, 2017

Blower motor seized up i know for sur because when i took it ot it was not turning and so i put a new one in but something else is wrong it still wont power on after i put a new one in checked hvac fuse it was fine and if this car has a relay i dont see it. Im just not sure what else to check

Was the blower motor resistor replaced ? It may be the problem. The function of the resistor is to regulate the amount of voltage to the blower motor in order to regulate the speed. If straight voltage was applied to the blower motor, it would only run at one speed - high. The resistor lowers or raises the voltage to the blower motor based on the fan speed you select. Odds are that the blower motor was drawing a high amount of voltage when it seized. That high voltage draw may have damaged or shorted the resistor. have a certified technician look for any electrical shorts and replace the blower motor resistor if found to be the cause.