Q: P2181 cooling system performance error

Engine light and battery light came on and said check gauges. I shut jeep off. Then it took while to restart. I scan code p2181 comes up and the list of possibilities that could cause it. I did notice temp guage was all the way down when light came on but it is cold out. But after I restarted jeep it went up a little.higher then notmal still in acceptable range. My coolant temp 197-201°f. My heater works thatbtells me it isnt thermostat. Scanner shows current temp is good so im to assume sensor works. What to do now i am lost Thanks for reading. And other places scn it and they say same thing. Whi knows maybe thermostat is sticking in a way i get heat and it trips it i dont know

Once you verify the thermostat and cooling temperature sensor is operating normal then you should have the PCM reprogrammed following technical bulletin 18-032-11. The bulletin will reprogram the computer to a new calibration so it is not as sensitive the turn on the code P2181.

3. P2181 cooling system performance error