Q: Clutch and revvs

asked by on August 20, 2016

Hi my Peugeot 208 5 dr 1.6 diesel is revving when change gear. I went over a pot hole and i have been having this problem. When i change from 2nd to 3rd gear even tho i am meeting the bite as normal to change gear the engine is automatically revving as if Im riding the clutch. Can anybody give me a diagnostics to what it may be ?

This sounds like your clutch needs replacing. I can’t really advise you very well because I don’t know the year of your car. If your car does actually have 17,000, I would take it back to the dealer, assuming you purchased it new. A simple pot hole should not create this type of damage and a car with only 17,000 miles is to soon to have clutch problems. Most clutches don’t need servicing for at least 100,000 miles.

I recommend having your clutch inspected firsthand by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. They will be able to pinpoint the issue and suggest what to do from there.

Good luck!