Q: Security light; car won't start

I bought a car with a broken key inside the ignition, and one day I tried to turn the car on and it wouldn't start. So I went and bought a new ignition. After putting the ignition in the car, it still didn't start and the security light is blinking every time I open the door.

Often times when the ignition is replaced the security system will need to reprogrammed to recognize that a component has been legitimately replaced and that the vehicle is not being stolen. I would ask one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come and diagnose what need to be done to get your car running right again.