Second opinion] When I push on the gas of my car to speed...

Second opinion] When I push on the gas of my car to speed up it does a minor jerk and takes kind of long to accelerate. There’s also a loud thump sound when I shift gears ...

Second opinion] When I push on the gas of my car to speed up it does a minor jerk and takes kind of long to accelerate. There’s also a loud thump sound when I shift gears

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. What is the year, make and model of your vehicle?

2009 Honda Pilot
Automotive Expert
HI Ok, when you push on the gas, does the engine rev up high but the vehicle takes longer to respond, or does it more seem like the engine is bogging down or sluggish? The thump when shifting gears - do you just mean when shifting from park to drive or reverse, or when the transmission is shifting gears as you accelerate?

When I push on the gas the engine revs up but it’s takes the vehicle a while to speed upAnd the thumping sound is when I shift gears from park to drive or reverse
Automotive Expert
HI, Ok, you have a couple of separate issues going on. First, the thumping when you shift from part to reverse or drive will be either an engine mount or transmission mount. It will need to be put on a lift with someone in the vehicle to shift in and out of park while someone underneath the vehicle to watch the mounts to see which is weak or broken and allowing movement of engine and transmission For the other, that is transmission slippage when the engine revs but takes a while for the vehicle to actually speed up. This may simply be from worn/burnt fluid and in need of fluid service, or more serious such as direct clutches worn, bands worn, valve body restricted. You will need a transmission shop inspect and test it and go from there Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

Thank you, \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* a great day as well!
Automotive Expert
you are welcome