Q: How do I turn off the flash lamps?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I turn off the flash lamps?

Flash lamps are a locking and unlocking feature. When you lock or unlock your vehicle with the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, your turn signals flash on and off. This acts as visual confirmation, and can also help you see your car in the dark. There are two ways to disable this feature.

1. If your car is equipped with the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) system, then you can disable the flash lamps through the EVIC.

2. If your car does not have the EVIC system, you can use the key fob to manually disable the flash lamps. To do so, press and hold the unlock button for at least four seconds. While still holding the unlock button, press and hold the lock button, then release both buttons simultaneously. To turn the flash lamps back on, simply repeat this process.