Check Engine Light comes on in hot weather l4-2.5l temper...

Q: Check Engine Light comes on in hot weather

asked by on October 28, 2016

Engine is not running hotter then in cold weather. Normal running temp about 180 to 190'F

Hello. The Check Engine Light will come on any time that the computer sees a problem with the powertrain in the vehicle. In order to know where the issue is coming from I would need to scan the computer for codes when the light is actually coming on. This older vehicle tends to not store codes when things occur like newer vehicles do so it must be tested when the issue is occurring. Usually, if it is related to temperature, it is caused by a sensor that stops reading correctly like an oxygen sensor. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to determine the cause of the Check Engine Light and move forward with proper repairs.