Q: About 2 gallons of water spilled in the cargo space (trunk) and now the speakers do not work and the DOS system is malfunctioning

asked by on November 07, 2016

A water jug spilled in the cargo trunk space. About maybe 2 gallons. I cleaned up as much as I could but heard a crackling noise about 20 minutes after it happened. The speakers do not work and crackle horribly. The sos system is malfunctioning. What do I do?

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. You may have either got the speakers in the back wet with the water or some wires were exposed under the carpet in the trunk space and caused a short to the speakers. Check the speakers out for any wet damage and look under the carpet for any exposed wires. You can put electrical tape or heat shrink tubing on the exposed wires to prevent them from shorting out again. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with diagnosing your speaker issue.