Q: Camshaft Sensor Replacement

asked by on June 20, 2017

Where is the camshaft sensor located on a 2012 Mercedes C250

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. When looking at the engine you will see the two different banks of the engine. These are the heads, and inside the heads you find the camshafts. To track the camshaft’s location for timing purposes, you put in a sensor at one end, and the sensors should be right in front of you. Look on the side of the head that is facing you halfway down in the middle. You will see an electrical connection that goes directly to it. To change the sensor, remove the wires via the clip on the terminal, and put it out of the way. From there you should be able to twist and pull the sensor out. For more help with this process, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.