Q: Waterpump location and replacement - 2002 Ford Focus

Where is my water pump located and how would I know it needs replacement. If it comes to be that it needs to be replaced is the timing belt suggested to be replaced as well

The water pump is located on the front of the engine and is driven by a belt driven pulley that is turned by the crankshaft. Common signs of a failing water pump include coolant leak at the front-center of your car, water pump pulley may be loose and making whining sounds, engine is overheating, steam coming from your radiator. If you’re uncomfortable with doing this yourself, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car, properly diagnose any issues, and replace your water pump as needed to avoid any unnecessary repairs.