Q: Waterpump location and replacement - 2002 Ford Focus

Where is my water pump located and how would I know it needs replacement. If it comes to be that it needs to be replaced is the timing belt suggested to be replaced as well

A: The water pump is located on the front of t...

The water pump is located on the front of the engine and is driven by a belt driven pulley that is turned by the crankshaft. Common signs of a failing water pump include coolant leak at the front-center of your car, water pump pulley may be loose and making whining sounds, engine is overheating, steam coming from your radiator. If you’re uncomfortable with doing this yourself, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car, properly diagnose any issues, and replace your water pump as needed to avoid any unnecessary repairs.