Q: Do these cars need valve adjustments?

asked by on May 03, 2016

Car is making ticking noise. Oil level and pressure are good

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

Your particular year and model of Subaru does not need to have the valves adjusted. It uses hydraulic lifters that are self adjusting. If there is a ticking noise, it could be that one of the hydraulic lifters has failed, causing it to become noisy. I would suggest having the noise professionally diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one available from YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr