Q: P0301 and P0411 codes on vw Passat 2003 1.8lt turbo

Hi My car check engine light is on now it started blinking When the engine light is on car is shaking for 2 to 3 mins and running hard If I switch off the engine and start again the shaking goes again it comes after driving for 30 mins so and the light blinks and and car is shaking

What could be the problem please suggest

A: Fault code P0301 is a misfire on cylinder #...

Fault code P0301 is a misfire on cylinder # 1 and P0411 is a fault for Incorrect Secondary Air Injection.

Trouble code P0301 is most likely due to a faulty ignition coil. To verify before purchasing one, try swapping say cylinder #1 and #2 coils. Clear the faults then start the vehicle. If the fault changes to P0302, then the ignition coil is definitely faulty. Odds are if one coil is faulty, the others will not be far behind to fail.

To make life easier, change all 4 coils and plugs at the same time rather than dealing with a faulty coil every few months until they all fail. Correcting this issue may also clear the P0411 code. If it does not, then the hoses for the secondary air injection system should be checked for leaks, breaks, etc.

If you need assistance with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose these trouble codes firsthand for an accurate repair.