Q: How much does it cost to replace 2008 Turbo 200 engine?

My car has a bad engine problem. It pulls automatically as if its switching to a lower speed or gear. It's happening often. Is this my engine, and what is the cost to replace?

A: This actually could be as simple as replaci...

This actually could be as simple as replacing the idle air control valve. Sometimes when the IAC fails, it can cause the car to lunge forward. I would recommend having your IAC valve tested by a qualified professional to determine if it is functioning properly. If the IAC has failed, I would recommend having it replaced to resolve this issue. If the IAC is working fine, I would recommend having the transmission inspected as well if you believe it could be dropping to a lower gear out of no where. Swapping out the engine is a very labor intensive repair, so I would make sure that it is faulty before deciding on replacing the engine or potentially looking into a new car.