Q: My car has three lights that came on.

My check engine light came on. two other messages showed up as well. one saying service elec throttle control & the second saying engine too hot. One light looks like a thermometer & the other light looks like a red lightning bolt in parentheses. I have no idea what's going on. I got my oil changed as I was supposed to. I only have maybe 53,000 miles on it. I need help I am paying on this car monthly & though I wasn't going to have issues because I purchased a newer vehicle. Help me please

Hi there. If the throttle body light is coming on, then the throttle position sensor is picking up the throttle plate sticking. Clean the throttle plate and open it manually with a large screwdriver to make it free up. Also, the thermostat light is coming on from the coolant temperature sensor saying that the coolant is not the right temperature when the thermostat should be open. I recommend replacing the thermostat and checking the strength of the coolant for its protection level. If the protection level is too low, I recommend changing all of the coolant in the engine. If you need further assistance with the warning lights on the dash, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car has three lights that came on.