Q: The middle leaf spring broke on a 2011 Tundra

I have a 2011 Tundra and the middle leaf spring broke right in the middle and it is banging around. With all my years of rolling a truck, broken leaf spring is something I've never experienced. What can I do?

Tape isn’t going to hold it. There’s a lot of tension on those and the only thing you do is replace them. The only place that sells them as far as I know is Toyota and they’ll be super expensive. So start by going to the junk yards. They generally sell used ones at reasonable prices.

You don’t want to keep driving the car because you’ll break the other ones. It’s one strain and they’ll all start snapping and tape is not going to hold it for long. If you’d like, you can have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and inspect your suspension to determine what repairs will be necessary.