Q: I had a wheel bearing replaced, now it seems to be worse 5 days later

asked by on February 17, 2017

i took the car in picked it up mechanic said he replaced wheel bearing it didnt seem like he did anything the bearing is gone now wheel seems to lock up cant drive it 5 days after he said he fixed it

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I can see two possibilities. Either the bearing was damaged during the replacement, or the diagnosis was wrong and the wheel bearing was not the original problem. If the wheel bearing was damaged during replacement, then he is obligated to take care of it for you. If it was a miss- diagnosis, then the rules are less clear. There could be a noisy CV joint or some other component acting up. If you think it would be helpful to get a second opinion you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your noise and advise you on what to do next.