Q: What is your opinion on buying a Mercedes CLK 350 with 191K miles on it that was maintained by 1 local dealership

asked by on April 09, 2017

I'm thinking about purchasing a M-B CLK 350 with 191,000 miles for $4,500. It been services at a local dealership, Has been your experience and opinion on maximum mileage I can expect on this type of car?

Pre-purchase Car Inspection Get a Quote

Hello. I would also need to know the year of the vehicle to be able to give you a really good assessment of the vehicle. From my experience with the CLK350 though, when you reach near 200,000 miles you would need to expect the possibilities of some expensive repairs. It is unlikely for the transmission in this vehicle to go much farther than 200,000 miles, and most of the time the engine is starting to show some signs of wear such as burning oil or possibly vibration from a failing timing chain or balancer shaft. These are things that need to be checked out prior to purchasing this vehicle. If think that you may want to have the vehicle looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [do a pre-purchase inspection] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/pre-purchase-car-inspection