Q: Car does not start and won't turn over

This morning I tried to start the car and it did Nothing! There were no dash lights, no sound system, plus the engine wouldn’t even turn over. Yesterday, it was idling and the car totally cut off. The same things happened like they did before with no dash lights, no radio, and the engine didn’t turn over. I had the alternator checked and got the battery replaced. I also went to the auto repair shop, but they said it started every time for them. Another thing is that my key has no chip. The engine runs great when driving and there are no idling concerns. Please tell me what I should do.

You should have the battery first charged and checked to see if it will hold a charge. You should then have the engine alternator checked to make sure it is charging properly with the proper amount of volts and amperes for the alternator installed on your vehicle. The alternator may be charging but not enough and when you run the vehicle accessories then the battery does not get any recharging and dies. If you need to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come inspect your starting issue and make the correct repairs needed.