Q: Check engine light came on and car stopped

My car already had the maintenance required light and the abs light on but has been driving just fine until it started losing speed on the highway and I had to pulll over and stop. When I turn it on it moves about 10 feet and stops again

A failure such as this could be due to the fuel pump failing or essential sensors such as the crankshaft or camshaft position sensors failing. It is likely that diagnostic trouble codes have been recorded by your vehicle’s PCM (powertrain control module) and consequently if you request a check engine light diagnostic or a stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will diagnose this and estimate the repair cost for you. If no codes are downloadable, the diagnostic would still proceed, looking at the fuel, ignition, air induction systems, and the key engine management sensors.