Q: My car has been driving funny. When I pull off it hesitates..like it doesn't have enough power.

My car has been driving funny. When I pull off it hesitates and jerks..like it doesn't have enough power. Once it "catches" it drives fine. This only happens when I initially pull off as I am going slow or if I stop at a red light/stop sign and then pull off. Lately it also started making a rattling noise. I had my spark plugs checked and they are fine. My dad thinks it could be the TPS sensor.

It may be your TPS like your father said, but tests would need to be done to diagnose it. If you have codes in the computer it would help with the diagnosis. The TPS is not a common problem with this car, but the exhaust gas valve sensor is a common problem and could cause the jerking you are feeling and the knocking noise you are hearing. Only a computer test and diagnostic check could verify the problems and the failed part. I recommend having a certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and diagnose why your car is hesitating during acceleration and fix the problem for you.

• My car has been driving funny. When I pull off it hesitates..like it doesn't have enough power.