Q: Acura RDX 2010-check engine oil light

When I start driving this morning I felt that my car is not in a good condition the way it was . I stop over to check my engine oil level when I realize the oil is low without any leakage . I stop over at the shell to top up and after I can see a white smoke coming from the back of my car so deep . Inside the airxaust it wet with engine oil . Please I want to know what is causing my car in that condition

A: Hi there. The oil smoke seen, should have h...

Hi there. The oil smoke seen, should have had a bluish tint and did not quickly dissipate. There are several possibilities for engine oil consumption. The most likely cause for your engine, is a failed oil seal in the turbocharger. Continued driving without repair could create more problems, ie; plugging the catalytic converter. A failed PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system would create excessive crankcase pressure and possibly increase oil consumption and oil leaks. Worn or collapsed piston oil control rings, and/or worn valve guides, and/or bad valve guide seals, would increase oil consumption. I recommend having your vehicle’s exhaust smoke be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.