Q: Hi, Carlos. Just had charcoal canister

Recently, had car smoked for EVAP check & repairs. Had charcoal canister, vapor purge Valve on charcoal canister replaced, fuel return hose between canister & gas tank replaced, just replaced the vsv for EVAP leak at vacuum rail on top of engine replaced. P0441, & P0446 cleared during drive cycle. Car won't start after refueling. See help??? The latter didn't was not present prior to the repairs that included mechanic entering seat compartment for leaks. Car will start & run after pumping gas after refill. And, does start well after. Trying to determine whether I need a fuel pump, & if I can obtain a qualified YourMechanic to perform.

Hello. I would need to know what kind of vehicle this is in order to be able to fully help you. From what you are explaining though it sounds like you have have a purge valve issue. Typically the purge valve should be closed when you are fueling which will keep fuel vapor from entering the engine. If it stays open then the fuel vapors will enter the engine which will cause this starting issue. It can also be a circuit issue but it is usually the valve. I typically test the valve first to see if it is functioning and then go from there. If you need to have this starting issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is hard to start after fueling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-hard-to-start-inspection