Q: Car won't start - 2005 Ford Explorer

asked by on October 21, 2016

Car won't start have power to the radio and interior lights

Car is not starting Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

The first question to answer for yourself is, does the engine attempt to start, also known as cranking over? If not, then you need to be concerned with your starting system. The battery may be powerful enough to power accessories, but not have enough power to use the starter.

If your car is slow to start, clicks, or makes no sound when you turn the key, it is likely your battery or your starter that is the source of the problem. It can also be the wiring between the two. If the engine cranks or attempts to start, then you will have to look into your fuel, air, and spark systems. One of them is not functioning. The electronics that control these systems can also fail and cause starting issues.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why your car is not starting.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr