Q: I have a clunking and popping noise when turning

I have a clunking noise coming from.my car when turning in either direction. Also whilst driving at higher speeds the car becomes abit shaky. I have had it lookef at and the mechanic has said it all seems fine so i was wondering if it could be something that wouldnt be clearly visible to the eye ?

A: This is a common sign of a failing CV joint...

This is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking or popping sound coming from this area. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your CV joints.