Q: Should I be concerned about my engine when taking frequent short trips?

I've heard multiple times that short trips are bad for car engines. Is that still true today for new cars (like mine)? I commute only 10-15 minutes to work (about 3 miles). If this does seem like a problem, are there recommended ways to prevent any increased wear?
My car's mileage is 6000 miles.

The problem would be several (10+) short trips per day. The issue is that your vehicle never really has a chance to warm up for the fuel control system to go into "closed loop" status. This is when all systems are operating properly for maximum performance and efficiency. I suggest allowing your vehicle to reach operating temperature (when heat can be felt from the vents when your heat is selected on climate control) before starting your commute. Additionally, I suggest taking a quick trip (at least once a month) on the Interstate highway to "stretch the legs" on your vehicle. This will help clean carbon deposits from your valves, get your engine oil to maximum pressure, lubricate all the internal seals within the engine, and allow the transmission to engage all gears.

• Should I be concerned about my engine when taking frequent short trips?