Q: Q: My car starts and then dies.

The check engine light codes just came on, and they were the codes for a new Throttle body position sensor and engine coolant temperature sensor. So I swapped these out and now the car will start and then just die. Does the TPS need to be installed a certain way or adjusted?

Hi there. Try unplugging the new throttle position sensor (TPS) and see if the engine runs normal and does not stall out. If so, then check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if its functioning. The IAC could be not functioning if the engine is stalling with everything hooded up properly. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your stalling situation.

3. Q: My car starts and then dies.