Q: Car driving sluggish

asked by on February 04, 2016

My car is driving sluggishly. It is slow to pick up speed.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

One of the most common causes for a vehicle to suddenly lose power is a failure in either the fuel system or in the catalytic converter. If the Check Engine Light is coming on, then a mechanic would typically start by scanning the computer for codes. If there are any stored codes then that can give the best direction on where to start. If there are not any codes then the fuel pressure would need to be tested first. It can also be caused by a loose timing belt that is worn out. Though there are many other parts that can cause this, these are the most common. Have a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle’s acceleration to see what’s going wrong.