Q: Suddenly starter doesnot work and after few minutes again it works

took to toyota dealer . could not identify the problem. finaly said the starter is to be changed. new starter installed. the problem still there. battery is new. even now some times starter doesn ot work an does not make any noise. but after few minutes or hours it again works. and will be ok for about a month or two and problem repeates. and again becomes all right and works for may be 3 months. and cycle repeats.

A: I would recommend replacing the starter rel...

I would recommend replacing the starter relay in the engine compartment’s junction box. The relay may have intermittent relay contact issues. The relay may not be the cause but is the least cost alternative to being stranded in the future.

If you’d like a second opinion on this or need help with the replacement of the starter relay, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.