convert 1978 k5 blazer 4WD to 2WD 1978 v8-5.7l chevrolet ...

Q: convert 1978 k5 blazer 4WD to 2WD

asked by on November 08, 2017

i have 1978 k5 blazer four-wheel drive and 1984 suburban two- wheel drive. i decided to convert k5 blazer to 2wheel drive by using the front of suburban, so i separated both chassis frames but i have faced to the problem, i don't know how to measure the exact size to mount the front of suburban to k5 blazer frame. can someone help me, please? thanks

If you are trying to measure and position a frame, use a "tram", which is a specialized frame measuring tool. If, though, you are looking for specific frame dimensions, off of each vehicle, so that you can design a "composite" frame, you will need a copy of the Factory Service Manual for each vehicle (the diagrams are therein). In either case, if you need somebody on site to walk you through this, and explain your options, please use YourMechanic’s service request page to book an appointment and the responding certified mechanic will address all of your concerns. Please let us know if you have further questions as we are always here to help you.