Q: Dual zone control not working right

The dual zone control is not working properly. There is a 10-degree temperature difference between the driver's side and passenger's side air conditioning. Also, there is a lower airflow out of the passenger's side vents.

Each side has it’s own temperature blend door, and sun sensor. There is an in-car temp sensor on the drivers side. I wouldn’t be too worried about 10 degrees. The air flow might indicate a problem. The whole system is computer controlled. It has the ability to set trouble codes. If a mode door, or blend door is malfunctioning, is should set a code. Only a very expensive aftermarket scan tool will have the ability to check for this, or a Ford scan tool. Check your cabin air filter. They can become very dirty, very quickly. I found a Ford bulletin about a software update for the HVAC unit, so it might be best to have Ford check it out. If you’re out of warranty, they will probably charge you for the update.

3. Dual zone control not working right