Q: Dual zone control not working right

The dual zone control is not working properly. There is a 10-degree temperature difference between the driver's side and passenger's side air conditioning. Also, there is a lower airflow out of the passenger's side vents.

A: Each side has it’s own temperature blend do...

Each side has it’s own temperature blend door, and sun sensor. There is an in-car temp sensor on the drivers side. I wouldn’t be too worried about 10 degrees. The air flow might indicate a problem. The whole system is computer controlled. It has the ability to set trouble codes. If a mode door, or blend door is malfunctioning, is should set a code. Only a very expensive aftermarket scan tool will have the ability to check for this, or a Ford scan tool. Check your cabin air filter. They can become very dirty, very quickly. I found a Ford bulletin about a software update for the HVAC unit, so it might be best to have Ford check it out. If you’re out of warranty, they will probably charge you for the update.