Q: Q: My car will not move while I put it in Gear

When I put my car in drive, reverse or lower gear it will not move at all. When I do put it in drive or reverse the rpm goes up a little then back down but the car won't move at all. When I press the gas pedal, the rpm goes up normal but the car doesn't move. I hope it's not the transmission that blew.

Hi Francisco. If you can feel the vehicle shift into gear after moving the shifter into a forward gear, then it’s likely that there is internal damage inside the transmission. However, if you move the shifter but nothing appears to happen, it’s probably a shift solenoid, or the linkage itself is damaged. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to shift inspection to determine what’s causing this problem, so they can recommend the best course of action.

3. Q: My car will not move while I put it in Gear