Q: I drove with the emergency brakes on. What went wrong?

So the other day I went to the store to buy some stuff and the place where I parked was a little bit inclined making the car move if it was on drive and me not stepping on the brake, so I decided to put the emergency brakes on. So when i got out of the supermarket (and this is where I messed up) and got on the car i forgot to put down the emergency brakes and then i stepped on the accelerator and it didnt go forward, so i pressed harder and I felt how the front of the car went up a little bit, like if I was rolling over something. After that i realized it was the emergency brake but i guess It already too late because the car didnt feel the same after that. The steering wheel is a little bit stiff, sometimes it's hard to turn and the brakes feel weird too. Any idea of what went wrong???

Since you didn’t actually go down the road with your Parking Brake on, I doubt there was a lot of damage caused, but an inspection of the system must be done to make sure. The problem with your steering is likely unrelated as well. The mechanical parking brakes in the rear are separate from the hydraulic brake so you should have an experienced technician look at the assembly to see if the parking brake may have become stuck or if the linkage is binding in the rear. For the steering concern, check your power steering fluid level to make sure it’s full and it not you may have a leak. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the brakes and steering concerns to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. I drove with the emergency brakes on. What went wrong?