Q: 1998 gmc savanah 3500. 5.7l engine box truck shorts off and starts with starting fluid and shorts of after few minutes.

my 1998 gmc savanah box truck shorts off. please i need some assistance to get an idea of what may be the problem . GMC 3500 savannah 5.7liter engine

Hello. If the motor will only stay running with starting fluid, you likely have a fuel delivery issue. This can happen for a variety of reasons ranging from low fuel pressure to bad injector pulse to even just a dirty set of injectors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose why your car is dying after starting and make the necessary repairs.

3. 1998 gmc savanah 3500. 5.7l engine box truck shorts off and starts with starting fluid and shorts of after few minutes.