Q: 1998 gmc savanah 3500. 5.7l engine box truck shorts off and starts with starting fluid and shorts of after few minutes.

my 1998 gmc savanah box truck shorts off. please i need some assistance to get an idea of what may be the problem . GMC 3500 savannah 5.7liter engine

Hello. If the motor will only stay running with starting fluid, you likely have a fuel delivery issue. This can happen for a variety of reasons ranging from low fuel pressure to bad injector pulse to even just a dirty set of injectors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose why your car is dying after starting and make the necessary repairs.

• 1998 gmc savanah 3500. 5.7l engine box truck shorts off and starts with starting fluid and shorts of after few minutes.