Q: Car key won't turn on the first time

asked by on February 02, 2016

My car key won't turn on the first time. I have to turn it a couple times to make it work.

If I were to take a guess, without any other information, I would say that fuel pressure is dropping off to zero when the car is parked. The fuel pump has a check valve to maintain some pressure for quick starts. Before any parts are replaced I would have this verified and perform some other tests as well. Have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your ignition to see what repairs need to be made.