Q: Trac Off, ABS, and service lights

My Trac off, service, and abs light is on in my 01 cavalier 2.2 liter. I don't know what the problem. Can you help me?

A: Hello, when you have a light on for a syste...

Hello, when you have a light on for a system it indicates a fault with that system. The ABS and traction control system are link together using the same input information for the computer’s operation. ABS (anti-lock brake system) prevent the tires from locking up during a brake event. The traction control (Trac) prevents the tires from spinning when starting out from a stop on a surface that has less traction (mud, snow, ice or wet). To diagnose the system it requires a tool to read the computer’s information. There are faults codes that help to determine what the cause is. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to diagnose and repair the ABS and Traction Control Lights.