Where is the crankshaft position sensor located at on 200...

Q: Where is the crankshaft position sensor located at on 2002 nissan frontier 3.3l v6 truck?

asked by on May 28, 2017

I got a buddy that asked me if I could change the crankshaft position sensor on his 2002 nissan frontier 3.3l v6. I'm just trying to find out where it is located at and how hard it would be to change it? I'm mechanically inclined I took auto tech in school but wasnt into book work at the time I wish I would have paid attention. I'm sure I can do it. I just wantalk advice on where it's located and how hard it will be to change out?

Hello. The crankshaft position sensor is located at the driver side rear of the engine in the transmission bell housing. That is where the sensor takes it reading from. If you decide you need some help with it, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your crank sensor] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/crankshaft-position-sensor-replacement