Q: Car making a spark sound when starting

I turn the key and the car makes a spark sound. The starter and battery are new. I don't know what the problem is.

While the information provided is a bit limited, it does lead me to believe that your Nissan may be experiencing an electrical problem with the starting system. Since I am unable to give a proper diagnosis, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to stop by and diagnose the noise for you. They will be able to inspect the starting system and identify if that is indeed the culprit behind why your Altima is experiencing this symptom. They will also be able to assist you in making the necessary repairs to allow your vehicle to start without any problems.

3. Car making a spark sound when starting