Q: Clutch will not engage - 2007 Acura TSX

When in gear it usually spins but catches every so often, seems to be slipping, and grinds loud. Changed new oem bearing, pressure plate, and after market fly wheel. Started the car and it's doing the same thing. Will not engage when releasing clutch. Checked slave cylinder and it was fine, checked clutch Master cylinder and no leaks. So I decided to change new Master/slave cylinder and still won't engage. The same problem as before. Everything tq to spec, bled it too many times, end results the same. Checked the axle and it was all the way in. Only thing that has changed after I put in the new Master cylinder was when I started the car it grinded, seems like it was engaging from all the bleeding. That's the last thing I did.

My car has 120k miles.

Hello. There are several possibilities here: broken shaft or final drive gears in the transmission or the transmission input shaft is not engaging the clutch disk splines. The aftermarket flywheel may have changed the spline engagement position of the clutch disc enough that the splines are not engaged. It’s also possible the clutch throwout bearing "installed position" is too close to the flywheel, causing the pressure plate to be partially disengaged all the time and may require a different throwout bearing as well. Some disassembly is going to be required here.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the clutch is not working properly and suggest the necessary repairs.