Q: Car headlight intermittently on/off even after new bulb

My car’s headlight is having trouble intermittently. Many times I have replaced the bulb and also the switch. In my research online, I have noticed that this is a recurring problem among owners of my make/model. In the state where I live, if you only have one headlight on, you will get a ticket. This problem is intermittent so I never know when it will blink off. It seems to fail at 0mph or 60mph. This can be so dangerous at night and especially when it is raining, plus the constant worry of getting a ticket. Can you tell me if there is a permanent fix for this headlight?

An intermittent headlight issue is a common problem. The most likely cause are the headlight assembly itself, a wiring issue, or a faulty switch. Any of these have the potential to cause the headlight to intermittently fail. If the headlight assembly is cracked or shows signs of condensation, then the assembly is most likely the issue. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the headlight fault and perform any repairs required.

3. Car headlight intermittently on/off even after new bulb