Q: Went through a puddle in a honda civic it died now car turns over wont fire

asked by on February 05, 2018

I drove through a puddle 200 yards down the road at died now it just cranks over and wont start change the spark plugs look for water in the cylinders non present. The distributor cap has a little corrosion on the points but no water that I could see out of options

The working theory is that water has intruded somewhere, likely in some electrical component. If you are in a warm, dry climate you might try letting the car dry out. If that doesn’t work, or you need a faster resolution, the way to solve this is to diagnose the ignition and fuel systems as one, or both, of those systems probably accounts for the interruption. Rather than speculatively trace all wiring, terminals and so forth you can request a no start diagnostic and a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will perform the required diagnostics to pinpoint the cause of the no start. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.