Q: How do you turn on the high beam headlights?

How do you turn on the high beam headlights?

Your car’s headlights have two modes of operation – low beams, which are dimmer and should be used during most driving situations, and high beams, which are much brighter and can illuminate the road ahead of you better. Here’s how to turn the high beams on:

1. Turn on the headlights.

2. Push the headlight/turn signal lever forward to switch from low beams to high beams.

3. Pull the lever backwards to change from high beams to low beams.

Tips

• Only use your high beams in areas where there is no oncoming traffic and no streetlights.

• Your high beams can blind other drivers, so change from high to low when passing another car, or when driving behind another car.

3. How do you turn on the high beam headlights?